Monday, July 20, 2009

July 20 Monday 2009 St Anthony to St Barbe
We wake up to sunshine. Maybe the 3rd time lucky. We drive to Burnt Cape ecological reserve only to be told they were not doing the walk today either as they had a school group coming at 10am. I wine and moan and finally one ranger says she will take me on a private tour for 1 hour. Hooray. We drive out to the Cape- pretty barren looking. The preserve is part of the Strait of Belle Isle Barrens. We see amazingly tiny flowers. I was sure glad I finally got to do this. I see a whale at the point real close to shore . We didn't have time to go down to the marine caves known as the big oven or the round holes in the limestone known as cannon holes. we see more moose. We go back to the RV and hook up and drive to St Barb where we take the ferry to Labrador tomorrow. The hotel across from where we store our Rv has free WIFI. I forget my notes in the RV so will finish this latter. I try bakeappleberry pie (also called cloud berry ),it taste like raspberries. The RV park was $20 a night we book 3 nights as Bill needs to keep the fridge going to protect his insulin while we are in Labrador.
REMEMBER- Sometimes, instead of climbing over barricades, you got to walk around them.
.

No comments: