Thursday, July 16, 2009

July 15 Wednesday 2009 Gros Morne National Park
I forgot to tell you the boat trip was $48 ea. Very enjoyable. Today we drive to hwy 431 to Wiltondale then all the way to Trout River. We check out Green Gardens and the Tablelands. Here I watch someone painting a picture in oils. Next we stop at the Discovery Center a beautiful new building overlooking Woody point . We watch a video on Gros Morne . It seems the geology here marks a time when the contenent of Africa and North America collided pushing these rocks originally beneath the sea to their present position on land. Geologogest from all over the world come here to study rocks and fossils from the pre-cambrean period of our earths' history. I check out information on a hike Thursday to the Tablelands. We go for lunch in Woody Point recommended by the center ." The Old loft. "Back home to relax. I delete all my pictures before I download them to the computer. RATS. It's a good thing we are going back that way tomorrow for my guided hike to the Tablelands. Bill phones for reservations near L'Anse aux Meadows. Northern tip of Western Newfoundland. We will go go Labador from there. Just take the truck for an overnight stay.
REMEMBER-The best way to get the last word is to say I'm sorry.
July 16 Thursday 2009 Gros Morme National Park
s

No comments: