Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Oct 14 Sunday Sydney- I have a heart in the mouth experience today as I conquered an Australian icon recognized the world over. About 16 of us walk to the Sydney bridge from the hotel. When we arrive we get a briefing, and breathalyzer test (yes). We get special jump suits to put on ,and have to remove watches and any thing in our pockets. No cameras allowed. We get a cap that clips on and a hankie that we attach to our wrist. Radios and head gear are also attached for communication. We do a stimulated walk with our cables attached. My adrenaline starts to spike and we are not even on the bridge. We head out and start the many stair climb. Trafic is moving underneath including 2 railroad tracks, a bike way, a footpath and 8 car lanes. www.bridgeclimb.com The climb along the arch was very rewarding and easier than the stairs as it was wider and you couldn’t see under your steps. We get 365’ view and feel like we are standing on top of the world. I get an amazing sense of accomplishment and get a heart pumping workout. It takes about 31/2 hours from start to finish. 11 people on our group. I recommend it to any one. It wasn’t nearly as scary as I thought. I take a cab back to the hotel. Bill is waiting. We get on the mono rail and head for Patties market. Bill buys a shirt. I am simply too exhausted to continue so we head back and I take a well deserved nap. Tonight we have a company farewell dinner.

No comments: