Wednesday, October 03, 2007


Banana plant and cassowary crossing sign. We also see koala crossing signs


Oct I Monday-Mackay-Yeppon 6hr 224 miles. Today is Australia’s labor day. We pass many more sugar cane fields. Our only two stops are for fuel-$53.22 @ 1.39 a liter and to see the Capricorn Caves at our own expense $20 each. They are no where near as good as Carlsbad or Kartchner but we can say we have been in Australia’s caves. http://www.capricorncaves.com/ We stay at the Capricorn Palm Holiday Village Park 1 block from the beach. Maryanne and I walk the beach to stretch our legs. I log on for $5 for half an hour. That only allowed me to post about 10 pictures. I will try again tomorrow for 1 hour. At 6pm the park gives us all a fish fry. (box lunch style) It was very good . It included salad chips and desert plus all the wine pop or beer you wanted. We were bitten alive by mosquitoes.

No comments: