Wednesday, October 03, 2007


Fraser Island. sorry pictures out of order
Oct2 Tuesday-Yeppon –Hervey Bay 7hrs 275 miles. We start off our day with a briefing at 7:30am . We stop at Coles as my watch has died. They said the battery was good but the watch needed an overhaul. So much for buying a Gussi. I buy a cheap $20 watch for now. We drive through Rockhamfort the beef capital of Australia. We continue on the Bruce Hwy passing pineapple fields and more sugar cane. We fuel up $90.53 @ $127 a liter. We stop at the famous Bauer’s for some meat pies. I walk the town of Childer and I find an internet café for $2.50 for 15 min. So I check my e-mail. Arrived at the Happy Wanderer Village park around 3.30. Maryann and I walk the beach again. I get 24 hours of WIFI for $8.00. We are here for 2 nights. Tomorrow we spend the whole day on Fraser Island. This is the 4 wheeler’s paradise. At 630 sq. miles it is the longest sand island in the world. A world heritage site. It is the only place in the world where tall rainforest are found growing on sand dunes. I gave the wrong web site for our rv’s here is the correct one http://www.maui-rentals.com.au/

No comments: