Monday, November 22, 2010

November21 Sunday 2010 Desert Hot springs

An unbelievable day First I go and sign up for a hike with Ron. (8am)He is going to Indian Palms I have not been there before. It is only a very short hike but I get to see things I never saw before- witches hair or dodder. It is a parasite that does not kill its host. It is sometimes called strangle weed and likes to live on a smoke tree. I see a big jackrabbit , they sure have big ears. We are back at the preserve by 9am too early to stop so I continue on down the McCallum trail and onto Moon country. Now it is very windy so much so that I have to wear sunglasses to keep the sand flying into my eyes. I go against the wind on the ridge but am pushed along in the wash on return . I am back at the Rv by 11;45. We have invited Ken and Linda over for turkey dinner. Nap then a shower then put the turkey in the convection. Forgot how to set it up fiddle with it for some time and then I cannot find my poultry seasoning, so go to 5 Rv's before I find some. The turkey does get done in time. I forget to serve the cranberries and the gravey. Nobody mentioned it.

REMEMBER- Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like banana.


No comments: