Thursday, October 08, 2009

October 6 Tuesday 2009 Blue Ridge mt.
9am sunny 61(16). While reading about the byway I see that Buckly Moss has a museum just before we turn down the Blue Ridge . What a lovely surprise for me . Bill consents to drive me there towing the rig. I really enjoy the 3 story building. The top 2 floors have her originals and the bottom a gift store. This will be high on my memory list.
The Blue Ridge Mountains were born as a make work project during the depression. The road winds through Virginia and North Carolina. It is sandwiched between the Shenandoah to the North and Great Smoky to the South. We are in contrast to the bustle of I-64 where speed limits go from 65 to 45 . As welcoming as a rolled out carpet we go into lush high country of forest of maple and oak. At 3:30 we are in a fog bank couldn't see anything and slowed us down more. We arrive at Peaks of Otter Park, $16 a night for dry camping ,no power or water hookup. We are greeted by a white tailed deer and trees accented by daubs of Autumn colour.
REMEMBER-Life is a game play it.

No comments: