Saturday, February 09, 2013


February 9 Saturday 2013
Bill drives me to the living desert for my volunteer orientation, then he drives Sharon to the airport. My session is 9-2 . 49 people attended. They explain the operation of the living desert and the different opportunities to volunteer in many areas inside and out. After a talk we walk the whole grounds starting with Eagle Canyon and it's north American gardens and animals. We stopped at the Tennity hospital and saw the different operating rooms for big and small. Majave, Chihuahuan and Sonoran deserts were well represented in gardens. We pass the discovery center, wildlife wonder amphitheatre, and model trains on the way to get our lunch and walk to the Watutu village a replica of East Africa. We pass Africian gardens, Africian birds and animals, Gecko gulch a childrens play area, and Marlyn's Merry-go-round. Lots of areas to volunteer in. Bill is not happy with me volunteering he is afraid of border regulations so I do not sign up for further training. I had a great time while there.
REMEMBER-In trying times, don't quit trying





No comments: