Wednesday, July 05, 2006

July 4 Tuesday sunny today we opt for the bus tour hop on & hop off all day. We do the whole run without getting off, the bus even took us to Hull Quebec. Bill gets off first at the Air Museum. I go to the art gallery to see Emily Carr, the group of 7 and found a great Eskimo display. The building was awesome. I go across the street to the Notre Dame Basilica just stunning. We pass a lot of ambassador’s and embassy homes, big and expensive. We drive Sussex drive and pass the Prime Minister’s Residence. We also pass the home of the RCMP musical ride; they were not home so all you could see were the stables and where they did the ride. We found Ottawa extremely clean. Just enough time to see Ottawa’s mint. Not that much difference to Winnipeg’s. They do specialty coins here. We meet at the visitor’s center not far from where we get the bus back. We bought combination tour for $20 for both boat (Ottawa River this time) and all day bus. Well worth it. After supper my thigh acts up again. We find a clinic close by. 5 different doctors and 5 different pills. None seen to work this doctor sends me to get x-rays on my back as it starts to hurt too. I am a wreck!

July5 Wednesday sunny I have a terrible night . I get so frustrated I phone my docter at home .He said find a docter who will deal with you. This doctor sends me for blood test. We extend our stay in Ottawa. We might be home yet. The results will be in on Friday so we will make up our minds then thankfully this didn’t happen in the USA or way up north in the boat. I stay home the rest of the day Bill goes of to see Diefenbunker Canada cold war museum. The bunker was built to house the Canadian government and military in the event of a nuclear crisis.

No comments: